Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Proverbs 17:22 - A merry heart

“A merry heart does good, like medicine.”

Proverbs 17:22



Some days we just need to be around someone that has a merry heart. They do us good. Being around them is like medicine to our soul. It lifts our countenance up. Proverbs 15:13 tells us that “A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance.” One of the ways this can happen is to spend some time with someone that has a merry heart. They will rub off on us. Spending time with the Lord can do the same thing. Life get’s busy. Sometimes with all our responsibilities we don’t take the time to talk or fellowship with those God has blessed us with. Sometimes we don’t take the time to be with Him either. When this happens our countenance suffers. Make time for God. Make Him a daily priority. And make time to fellowship with a merry heart from time to time to. It will make a difference in your life.


Father, Proverbs 15:15 says that “he who is of a merry heart has a continual feast.” Lord, I desire to have a merry heart at all times. I desire to have a continual feast. I desire to hear from people and be with people that have merry hearts as well. Please bring these types of people into my life. I want their merry heart to rub off on me and help me to have a cheerful countenance, and I want to have a merry heart and rub off on them so they can have a cheerful countenance as well. As iron sharpens iron, may we sharpen one another. May we be like medicine to one another’s soul’s. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment