Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hebrews 3:18 Temptations

“For since He Himself has now been through suffering and temptation, He knows what it is like when we suffer and are tempted, and He is wonderfully able to help us.”

Hebrews 3:18



Hallelujah! When we are tempted to sin, if we allow Him to, “He is wonderfully able to help us” so that we do not sin. He provides us with a way out. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” I like how the Living Bible words this verse. It says “But remember this—the wrong desires that come into your life aren’t anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it, for He has promised this and will do what He says. He will show you how to escape temptation’s power so that you can bear up patiently against it.” God is always good. Once again He is the Great Provider. He provides the way out.

I thank God that He provides the way out for us when we are tempted to sin. I know that we face this daily. It is up to us to resist the temptation(s) when they come our way. We CAN do this with the Holy Spirit’s help. He gives us the power to walk away from our temptations and to submit to Him and His will. Yesterday I went to the store for some coat hangers. While I was walking down the many isles, different items on the shelves jumped out at me. I was “tempted” to buy some items that I hadn’t gone to the store for. I remembered His promise to help me by providing a way out when I was tempted. I left the store with only the items that I had gone for. I was glad. I didn’t waste any money. This morning I woke up and I was thinking about spending time with the Lord. I always spend my first waking hours with Him. I was “tempted” to exercise first so that it would be out of the way for the day. Once again, God brought a verse to mind. It was Matthew 6:33 which says “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.” Immediately, I resisted the temptation to exercise and spent time with the Lord instead. I am so thankful and grateful that I sought Him first
.
Don’t be discouraged if you face temptations. We all face temptations. You are not alone. We will always face various temptations for as long as we live. Jesus was even tempted. We are human. Jesus showed us that we don’t have to give in to our temptations though. And He has given us the power to overcome our temptations. He wants us to walk away from them and to live in victory. We can … with His help. We can rejoice.


Father, Thank You for providing a way out when we are tempted. May we take Your way out each and every time we are tempted. We do not want to sin against You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment