Thursday, June 25, 2015

Luke 14:33 - Have You Surrendered ALL to the Lord?

“Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be My disciple.”

Luke 14:33



Do you consider yourself one of Jesus’ disciples? I know I do. Today I had to ask myself a question though. The question is “Have I given everything I have over to the Lord?” I would like to be able to say that the answer was “yes.” But I have to be truthful and admit that the Holy Spirit brought something to my attention. I had to confess that something to Him as sin and lay it down at His feet, surrendering ALL. The Living Bible words Luke 14:33 a little differently. I like what it says. It says “So no one can become My disciple unless he first sits down and counts his blessings—and then renounces them all for Me.” I encourage you to look at your life today. Have you renounced everything to the Lord? Listen to His Holy Spirit. He may reveal something to you. I like the old hymn “I Surrender All.” Let’s let that be our prayer to the Lord today.

  1. ALL to Jesus I surrender, ALL to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live. (Chorus) I surrender ALL, I surrender ALLl. ALL to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender ALL.
  2. ALL to Jesus I surrender, humbly at His feet I bow, worldly pleasures ALL forsaken, take me Jesus, take me now. (Chorus) I surrender ALL, I surrender ALL. ALL to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender ALL.
  3. ALL to Jesus I surrender, make me, Savior, wholly Thine; may Thy Holy Spirit fill me, may I know Thy pow’r divine.  (Chorus) I surrender ALL, I surrender ALL. ALL to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender ALL.
  4. ALL to Jesus I surrender, Lord, I give myself to Thee; fill me with Thy love and power, let Thy blessing fall on me. (Chorus) I surrender ALL, I surrender ALL. ALL to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment