Thursday, July 9, 2015

Philippians 3:14 - Always be pressing on

“I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 3:14

In this life we are to continually be pressing “toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” To do this, we have to know what He wants us to do. This can change from day to day, so that is why it is so important that we spend time with Him each and every day so we can know just what it is that He wants us to do. We can always add to our day some earthly responsibilities that need to be done as time permits, but we need our main goal and focus for the day to be on what He has called us to do. We want to be “in tune” with His Spirit so He can guide and direct our steps. Pressing toward the goals He gives us each day, flood’s our heart with joy. It gives our 24 hour period a sense of meaning and purpose, taking away any mundane feelings that we may have. How do you feel about your life? Are you tired of the same ol’ same ol’? Then let God bring some excitement into your life. Walking with Him is exciting. Jesus is alive. Let Him live His life through you. Spend some time with the Lord today, if you haven’t already. Enjoy being in His presence. None of us have attained perfection, but we should always be “pressing on.” God wants us to “lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me” (Philippians 3:12). Yesterday is in the past. We shouldn’t live there. We shouldn’t keep looking back. We should continually be reaching “forward to those things which are ahead” (Philippians 3:13). We all want to win the race Christ has called us to run. We all want to achieve our prize. May we.


Father, May I always press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Reveal to me daily what Your will is for me to do. I want to find joy in doing it. May I be “in tune” with Your Spirit all day long. I want Your Spirit to guide and direct me throughout the day. Father, I want to win the race Christ has called me to run. I want to achieve my prize when my journey is done. I want to do all of this to the glory of God. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment