Monday, July 20, 2015

Matthew 6:8-13 Applying the Lord's Prayer to Our Situations

In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your Kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”

Matthew 6:9-13



Jesus gave us the model prayer. It is a wonderful section of scripture that can keep us humble and right with God. Today the Holy Spirit keeps bringing these very verses to my mind. It all started when I was washing my hair this morning. Bent over the tub the Lord brought all of Matthew 6:8-13 to mind and I prayed the Lord’s prayer from the bottom of my heart, meaning each and every word. Later, when praying to the Lord about both of my daughters’ futures, the Holy Spirit had me pray “Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” I had a complete peace and a full assurance in my heart that He was totally in control of what is to come to pass in their lives. When walking into the kitchen and being reminded about all the food that is in the house, the Holy Spirit had me pray “And lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from the evil one.” Immediately the temptation was gone and I was delivered. When disappointed by someone I love, the Spirit had me pray “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” The disappointment was gone and His love flooded my soul, even for this person. I was even able to bless them. I don’t know what you are facing today. I don’t know what is happening in your life. More than likely, at least one, if not more, of these verses can be used to bring life into your situation as well. Pray that section of scripture to the Lord. Your heart will change and you will have and experience His peace. God is not a respecter of persons. His Word is alive! It is powerful! And it does not return void. It accomplishes what it was sent out to do. To Him be the praise!


Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your Kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment