Tuesday, July 14, 2015

1 Chronicles 4:10 - God wants to bless you

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.”

1 Chronicles 4:10



Jabez was an honorable man. We are to be honorable men and women of God as well. Jabez prayed and asked the Lord to bless him. I don’t know about you, but I feel a kind of silly asking the Lord to bless me. According to this scripture verse though, we shouldn’t feel silly asking this from the Lord at all. God wants to bless us, especially if our hearts are pure and right before him. We are His beloved children. Think about the children that the Lord has blessed you with. Think about how you enjoy blessing them because your love for them is so great. This is how God thinks of us as well. We are the apple of His eye. Another request that Jabez had for God was for the Lord to enlarge his territory. God did. We should desire for God to enlarge our territory too. The best territory that we should desire for God to enlarge would be for God to give us more spiritual ground and influence in our world for Jesus Christ. We should always be looking for more opportunities to make Him known to those around us. People need the Lord. To do this, we need God’s hand to be with us. Jabez prayed and asked the Lord for His hand to be with him. It was. We should ask for the Lord’s hand to be with us too. Jabez wanted God to keep him from evil, so that he would not cause pain. God granted his request. We should want God to keep us from evil too. We don’t want to sin and we don’t want our actions or words to cause God or anyone else pain. Let’s call on our God. Let’s inquire of Him as Jabez did. May God hear from heaven and may He grant our requests.


Father, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” Please hear my prayer, and grant to me my request. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment