Monday, July 6, 2015

John 11:25 - People don't die, but live

I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.”

John 11:25



The Sadducees didn’t believe in the resurrection. God’s Word let’s us know that there is a resurrection. This is revealed to us in the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament. In the Old Testament God reveals the resurrection to us in the life of Moses when he saw the burning bush. God said to Moses “I am the God of Abraham and … of Isaac and … of Jacob.” He was letting Moses know that all these men were still alive, yet they had died. God didn’t say “I was the God of ….” He said “I am their God—right now, even though they haven’t walked on this earth for hundreds of years. They are still alive. At this time, I am actively their God.” Think of your loved ones that have passed away. They may not have walked on this earth for many years. Know in your knower that they are still alive. God is not a God of the dead, but of the living—for all who are in Christ are alive and enjoying His presence. John 11:25 says “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.” Luke 20:38 says “For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.” I like what the New Living Translation says “So He is the God of the living, not the dead. They are all alive to Him.” Be encouraged today. If you have lost a loved one, you can be certain that they live. You also need to not fear death for yourself. When you die, you will live. God’s goodness and unfailing love will pursue you all the days of your life here on earth, and you will live in the house of the Lord forever.


Father, Thank You for the life You have given us now. Thank You for all those You put in our lives to know and love throughout our lifetime. Some of these people no longer walk this earth. It blesses me to know that they live on with You. It also blesses me to know that when I die I will live with You forever as well. Thank You for Psalm 23. In this psalm is the promise that Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life. Your loving kindness is so great. This psalm also gives me the assurance that I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You Lord! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment