Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Psalm 118:19-21 - Enter His Gates

“Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them, and I will praise the Lord. This is the gate of the Lord, through which the righteous shall enter. I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my salvation.”

Psalm 118:19-21



Have you entered His gates today? If you haven’t, the wisest thing you could do is to enter His gates of righteousness right now. Go through them. Praise the Lord. We can love Him because He hears our voice and our supplications. He inclines His ear to us. We can call on Him. Psalm 116:1-2 says “I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.” If we enter His gates, He shall join us and come in. Psalm 24:7 and Psalm 24:9 both say “Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.” We want to enter His gates each and everyday. We want Him to come into our hearts daily, living, dwelling, and abiding there. If we are open to Him and His love and do this now, while we walk on the earth, someday we will get to enter His gates when we go to heaven. Revelations 22:14 “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.” Heaven is for real, but sadly not everyone will enter through the gates into that city. We need to have been made the righteousness of God. Revelations 22:15 says “But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.” God knows our hearts. He knows if they belong to Him. We can fool others, but He is not to be fooled. Gladly enter His gates today. Remember that He is our salvation.


Father, Open to me the gates of righteousness. I want to go through them. I want to praise You. Life get’s busy, but may our lives never get so busy that we don’t have time to enter those gates and meet with You. I thank You for always hearing my voice as well as my supplications. Thank You for always inclining Your ear to me. Thank You for desiring a relationship with me. Lord and Master, Revelations 22:14 says “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.” Help me to keep Your commandments. I want to live my life honoring You and Your Word. And when I pass from this life, I want to enter through the gates of Your holy city. Thank You for my salvation. May I not take it for granted. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment