Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Proverbs 28:9 - How you live your life affects your prayer life

“One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.”

Proverbs 28:9



Have you ever wondered if God is hearing your prayers or not. Maybe you feel like He never answers your prayers and you wonder why? I have a couple of questions for you then. Do you enjoy thinking about and hearing God’s law trying to apply it to your everyday life? Or do you shut your ears and harden your heart to God’s wisdom, choosing to do things your own way instead? The answers to these two questions affect ones prayer life. If we shut our ears and harden our heart to His wisdom, our prayers are an abomination to Him. Zech 7:11-12 “But they refused to heed, shrugged their shoulders, and stopped their ears so that they could not hear. Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by His Spirit.” Proverbs 15:8 goes on to tell us that “The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but the prayer of the upright is His delight.” We have to delight in His law. We have to try our best to live without iniquity and sin in our lives. Psalm 66:18 says “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.” If you have unconfessed sin in your life, confess it as sin and get your heart right with Him. You can be assured that God will hear your prayers then. Psalm 66:19-20 “But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me!” Don’t turn away your ear from hearing His law. Be upright in Christ Jesus. The Lord will then delight in hearing your prayers.


Father, help me to love Your law. Help me to embrace it and try to live my life by it. I want You to hear and answer each and every one of my prayers. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment