Monday, April 20, 2015

Psalm 111:10 - Fear God and Keep His Commandments

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments.”

Psalm 111:10



Not only is the “fear of the Lord … the beginning of wisdom,” the fear of the Lord makes one blessed. It is good to fear the Lord. Fearing the Lord helps us to want to obey Him and do what is pleasing in His sight, for we know, love and treasure our personal, heartfelt relationship Him. It will also give us “a good understanding.” Psalm 112:1 tells us that those who fear their Lord make’s one blessed, for it says “Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments.” Not only will you be blessed from fearing the Lord and loving and keeping His commandments, but your descendants will be blessed to. The Word of God says that they will be mighty. They will be upright. Isn’t this what we want? Isn’t this what we desire? Sure it is! Psalm 112:2 says “His descendants will be mighty on earth; the generation of the upright will be blessed.” Be encouraged today. Fear the Lord. Keep His commandments. You will gain “a good understanding.” You will walk in the blessings of God … and so will your descendants!


Father, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Lord, help me to have a healthy fear of You. I want to be wise. Lord, I thank You for Your commandments. Please help me to honor and keep them. Help them to guide me on my way. Thank You for the assurance of Your  promise that tells me that I will gain a good understanding if I do. Lord, I want this good understanding. Lord, I want to walk in the blessings of God as Your Word says. And I want every single one of my descendants to be mighty, upright, and blessed by You.  In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment