Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Matthew 22:30 - Angels Among Us

“They will be like angels in heaven.”

Matthew 22:30



Last night I fell asleep downstairs. This morning I was woken up with the sound of someone shoveling. When I looked outside, Nicole’s boyfriend, Daniel, was outside shoveling off my steps. He took the time to think of me on his way to work. Immediately the song “Angels Among Us” by Alabama popped into my head. Now I realize that angels are sent by God to help those that will inherit eternal life. I know that they can take the form of a human, but they are not. When the dead rise, we won’t be married. We will be like angels in heaven. Daniel is still on the earth, he is human, but I still appreciated Daniel’s kind deed. Sometimes God does use angels among us. Other times He uses people. Both are appreciated and touch our lives. The words of the song are:

Angels Among Us
I was walking home from school on a cold winter day
Took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home
Now Mama couldn’t see Him Oh but He was standing there
And I knew in my heart he was the answer to my prayer

(Chorus)
Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the Light of love

When life held troubled times and had me down on my knees
There’s always been someone to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend just to say I understand
Now ain’t it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope

(Chorus)

They wear so many faces
Show up in the strangest places
To grace us with their mercy in our time of need


Father, You are so good to us. Some of us have been blessed by seeing an angel in our time of need. Just the thought of this blows us away. But each of us have experienced Christians blessing us with a kind word, a kind deed, listening ears, and an open heart. They inspire our walks with Christ. We see Jesus in them and Your goodness inside of them shines brightly. Use us to be there and help others as well. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment