Thursday, January 22, 2015

1 John 5:17-18 - Pray for your brothers in sin

“If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.”

1 John 5:17-18



One thing I am so thankful for is that God changes us and teaches us more about Himself and His ways all the time. Last night I was talking to someone. They were being negative and critical about various things. At one time in my life, I would have been agitated and irritable with them. I may have even corrected them or discredited their account.. This would often cause them to get irritated and mad at me as they were seeing it their way and I wasn’t being kind and understandable with them. A while back, my precious Lord had me start to do something else when this happens. He has me “listen” to what is on their heart. Then He has me “pray” for them as they are speaking to me. I say to Him silently “Father, forgive them.” “Father, forgive them.” “Father forgive them for being negative and critical about various things. You know they love you.” “Father, You see the situation they that has them worked up. Please intervene and help the situation as well as the outcome.” I have found that by doing things God’s way and by “praying” and “asking” Him to forgive them, causes Him to give life to them and their situation and things work so out so much better. Their hearts are more at peace after they are done talking to me and they are more at peace with me. This makes me rejoice in the Lord as I am more at peace too. God showed me that by being obedient to His Word and by praying He was invited into the equation and then He could act. I encourage you to pray for people when you see they are sinning (if their sin doesn’t lead to death). God will give them life.


Father, we come to You and thank You for Your wisdom. We thank You for teaching us more and more about Your truths as we grow in Christ. Help us to pray for our brothers and sisters that are sinning a sin that does not lead to death. May we pray and ask You to forgive them and may You give them life. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment