Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Revelations 20:12-15 - Fire! Fire!

“And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and the books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books … And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This was the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.”

Revelations 20:12-15



A word we don’t hear about much anymore is the word H-E-L-L. Many preachers don’t even mention the word. They tip toe around it. Us Christians know about hell, but we often don’t bother to tell others about it. We don’t want to make anyone feel “uncomfortable.” Oh, how we need to proclaim the Gospel to a lost and dying world. They need to have an opportunity accept Christ and receive eternal life as well. We should care about other people and their salvation, and not just our own. Now, if my house was on fire and Dave and the girls were home, do you think I would say, “Wow, I believe the operation of combustion is proceeding yonder here right now?” No. I would call out, “Fire! Fire!” and everyone in my house would know what I meant and run to safety. There is a lie in our midst that many people believe. I even met a pastor a couple of weeks ago that believed the lie as well. This pastor was preaching my uncle’s funeral service. He said that everyone would and will go to heaven when they die. He was trying to reassure everyone there and encourage them. I couldn’t believe it. This simply is not true. Not everyone will go to heaven when they die. This is a lie from the devil. The sad thing is that many in the world actually believe this. God’s Word says that a persons name has to be “written in the Book of Life” or they will be “cast into the lake of fire.”  We need to be praying and interceding for the people around us. Jesus wasn’t afraid to talk about hell and we shouldn’t be afraid to talk about hell either. Hell is a real place. Jesus died to save us from God’s righteous judgment. We can escape hell by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and by making Him our Lord. If you haven’t accepted Jesus Christ to come into your heart, I am sad to tell you your name is not written in the Book of Life and you are in danger of being cast into the lake of fire, hell. If you don’t want to go to hell, ask Jesus Christ to come into your life today. Pray. He will forgive you of all your sins and give you eternal life. Your name will be written in the Book of Life and you will go to heaven when you die.


Father, thank you for Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord. He is Your Son and He died on the cross to take away my sins and to give me eternal life. I confess that I am a sinner and I am in need of Your mercy and grace. Please accept me as I am. Come into my heart. Make me a new creature in Christ. Thank you for making me Yours and for writing my name in the Book of Life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment