Monday, March 30, 2015

John 14:6 - Jesus loves me!

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me.”

John 14:6



Do you love God? Really love Him? God doesn’t just want us to believe that He is real, even the demons believe that. He wants us to love Him. And He doesn’t want us to just love Him a little bit, or half-heartedly. He wants us to love Him with all that we are. I was reminded of the old song “Jesus Loves Me” today. There are six verses to this song. The song was written in 1860 by Anna Bartlett Warner. Many of us learned the first verse and chorus of this song when we were little children. We even taught our children this song when they were little so that they would know that Jesus loves them as well. Verse 4 and verse 6 jumped out at me today. Verse 4 says  “Jesus loves me! He will stay close beside me all the way; if I love Him, when I die He will take me home on high.” If I love Him, when I die. If I love Him. Then the verse goes on to say “when I die He will take me home on high.” It is not enough to just know that Jesus is Lord. We need to love Him. Verse 6 says “Jesus loves me still today, walking with me on my way, wanting as a Friend to give, light and love to all who live.” Jesus loves you. He wants to walk with you on your way. He wants to be your Friend. And he wants to give light and love to all who live. This means that He wants to do this for you. He wants to include you. He desires this for us all. Accept this truth today. Accept Him. Open your heart and life to Him if you haven’t already. It will be the best choice you have ever made! Jesus says that He is “the way, the truth, and the life.” If you have lost your way, come back to Him. Sing this song and you will be assured way down deep in your soul that He loves you.


Father, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I realize this today. Jesus loves us. Jesus loves me. Father, I am open to You and Your love and I welcome You and Your love in my life. May Your love do a work inside of me and heal me in each and every way that I need healed. May I not just know about You, but may I love You, with all that is within me and all that I am. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment