Friday, March 27, 2015

1 Timothy 5:22 - Keep yourself pure

“Keep yourself pure.”

1 Timothy 5:22 (NLT)



We should want our hearts to be pure. A pure heart before God means that it is clean through and through. It means that we are free from the world’s contamination and impurities. Purity may be old-fashioned but is something we should all strive for in our lives. God is holy and He wants us to be. We should do away with anything that will cause even the slightest bit of darkness to seep into our hearts, our loved ones hearts, and other people hearts that God has placed in our lives. Don’t be fooled. Sin contaminates us. God wants us to be pure vessels He can flow through. We have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We should live to please Him. We should not partake of anything that offends Him or hurts Him in any way. We can be sure that if something is offensive to Him or hurts Him in anyway, it will surely hurt us spiritually and those that are around us. Sin always affects more than one person.


Father, Help me to keep myself pure from the sins that are all around me in the world. I want to follow Your precepts and model myself after Christ. I want my heart to be pure, clean through and through, holy, set apart for You. I want to be free from the world’s contaminations and the impurities that are in it. Father, web phones, the internet, television, movies, books, magazines, satellite radio, even some people can be used for good. These very same things can also be used for bad. May we guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. May we not let any darkness seep into our hearts.  The world may accept things as okay, but may I know in my heart what is acceptable and what is not and may I adjust my life according. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment