Wednesday, May 13, 2015

John 14:27 - God has given us His peace

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

John 14:27



As we await the Supreme Courts decision we need to remain in an attitude of prayer, supplication and thanksgiving. We need to try our best to let not our “heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” God has given us His peace. The world and its ways may sadden and grieve us, but thank God … for He has given us Himself, His Word and His peace, a peace that passes all understanding. I must admit that my heart was troubled this morning. I was even afraid. Today’s verse spoke to me personally. For it instructed me to “Let not” my “heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” God showed me in His Word that the ball is in my court. “Let not … neither let it ….” It’s up to me to combat my troubled feelings over the potential outcome of this verdict and the fear of seeing our society spiral downward some more. He also reminded me that I need to have faith when I pray, and not fear. His Spirit needs to be leading and guiding me as I pray. My prayer for you … and me … today … is that we have His peace. Remember His Words “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”


Father, we come to You and we thank You for this day. May Your kingdom come, Your will be done on this earth today as You will in heaven. Give our Supreme Court justices wisdom, wisdom that comes from above, wisdom that is not from this world. Help them to side with You and Your Word on this decision. Help them to truly do what is best for our nation. Help us to continue to be in an attitude of prayer until the Supreme Court make their decision. May our hearts not be troubled, may they not be afraid. Help us to have faith in You. Help us to put our hope and trust in You as well. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment