Thursday, December 4, 2014

Psalm 119:133 - Sin is Not your Master

“Direct my steps by Your Word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me.”

Psalm 119:133



I was blessed with quite a lot of time in God’s presence today. I did my devotionals, prayed, and read God’s Word. I even told the Lord, “Not my agenda today, but Yours.” I was in His presence for a long time before I felt led to do anything. And when I did I rejoiced when I came across these words “Direct my steps by Your Word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me” (Psalm 119:333). I was looking for Him to direct my steps and my hearts desire was that no iniquity have any dominion over me today as well. As I shared earlier I had lost 70 pounds and then recently I have gained 50 of those pounds back. It’s my own fault. I ate to my hearts delight. Gluttony is a sin and I know I need deliverance over that. Thank God I was able to exercise self-control yesterday. And I thank God for He is helping me to exercise self-control today. I know that I could not stay on track on my own. He is being kind and is giving me scriptures to help me battle my flesh. Today he gave me Psalm 119:133. He also gave me Luke 11:4 “…And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” You may not be having a problem in the area of your eating. Your sin may be different. Maybe you battle with idolatry, anger, greed, pride, bitterness, unforgiveness, gossiping, jealousy, envy, etc. Confess these things as sin to Him and ask Him for His deliverance from those sins. He is mighty and He is able. These scriptures can apply to your situation as well. Hide His Word in your heart. It is alive and His Word inside of you will do a work in your heart and life. We can’t change ourselves, but He has the power to change us and deliver us from all our sin. Christ died not only to forgive us of our sins, but to break sins control from our lives. We are not to be slaves to sin, we are to be slaves to righteousness. Praise God for that!

Father, direct our steps by Your Word. Let no iniquity have dominion over us. May we not be slaves to sin, but slaves to righteousness. May we hide Your Word inside of us and may it be alive in us so we do not sin against You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment