Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Galatians 5:24 - Our flesh and its passions and desires should be crucified

“And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.”

Galatians 5:24



We are to be crucified with Christ. Our flesh with its passions and desires should be crucified. We should have the victory over sin. When I read this verse today it made me think of my eating habits. A couple of years ago I started eating healthy and exercising and lost over 70 pounds. I was able to remain healthy for quite some time. Unfortunately, since April of this year, I have gained 50 of those pounds back. I stopped exercising and developed a sweet tooth. I cave in to overeating. And often eat to my hearts delight. I know that I need to make healthy choices when I eat. I also need to exercise to help my immune system. I am thankful to the Lord for giving me this scripture today. I needed it. “And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires” (Galatians 5:24). It goes on to say “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:25). I can’t do this on my own, but with the Holy Spirit’s help and power I can. “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).


Father, we thank You for the Holy Spirit’s help in our lives. We all have different passions and desires in our flesh. No two people are alike. But You desire for all of us to be crucified with Christ. You want us to have victory over sin. You want us to live and walk in the Spirit. May we be able to say “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” And may You get the glory for each and everything You deliver us from. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment