Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Psalm 27:14 - Wait on the Lord

“Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!”

Psalm 27:14



Waiting for the Lord is wisdom. Running ahead of him and trying to help Him to answer or bring something to pass is not. Let’s say you want to bake a batch of brownies for your grandchildren to enjoy when they come over. You preheat the oven. You spray your 9x13 inch pan with Pam. You add all the necessary ingredients to a mixing bowl. You pour the brownie batter into the pan and then you place it in the oven. As you wait for the brownies to get done, in your excitement you decide to take the brownies out early instead of leaving them in the oven for the appropriate amount of time for them to get done. Because of this, the brownies are only partially baked. They have gooey spots everywhere and they aren’t fit for consumption. This would be ridiculous wouldn’t it? Yet many times as Christians we try to outrun God’s timing and take ourselves out of His preparation time too soon. We do not let Him answer our prayer requests in His timing and in the way He knows best. We run ahead of him and try to help Him. Only doing this, we make a whole mess of things. I know this for a fact as I have been there and done this. I had to learn the hard way that we should do this, but thank God I did learn. Now I trust in Him to take care of things, in His ways, and in His timing. Look at Abraham and Sarah. They were promised a son. And then when the Lord tarried on the answer, they ran ahead of Him and tried to make the promise come to pass in ways that He had never planned. Our world is still suffering the consequences of their choice of not waiting on the Lord. God knows what you need. He hears your prayers. Let Him answer them in His way and in His time. Don’t give up waiting and try to satisfy that need in your own way. Wait on Him, and He will take care of you according to His greatness. Some Scriptures that will encourage you to wait are Psalm 27:14 “Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!” Be of good courage as you wait. He promises to strengthen your heart. Psalm 37:34 says “Wait on the Lord, and keep His way.” Keep His way as you wait on Him to answer and move on your behalf. Isaiah 40:31 “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” There are blessings in store for you as you wait.


Father, Isaiah 8:17 says “And I will wait on the Lord … and I will hope in Him.” Father, may I wait on You to answer all my prayers in Your timing and in Your ways. I trust You with my life and I put my hope in You. Help me to be patient as you work everything out. Strengthen my heart. Make me be of good courage. Renew my strength. I give you praise! In Jesus’ name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment