Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Acts 20:36 - Be a giver

“And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Acts 20:35



Most of Jesus’ words were written about in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The above words were not written about in the four Gospels. This tells us that not all of Jesus’ words were written down by the disciples. Although this spiritual truth wasn’t written down by one of the twelve, it still circulated. Paul heard it and knew it in his heart to be true. Most of the time the Bible uses the words “Blessed are …” and it leads into a spiritual truth. This verse says “more blessed,” meaning that there is a greater blessing to be had if we are to know this truth for ourselves. Yes, it is always a blessing to receive something from the hand of God. But you are more blessed when you choose to give of yourself, or something, to others as the Lord leads. When we receive, we’re taking something for ourselves. It is a “me” thing. But when we give, we’re acting like our Heavenly Father and it is a “Christ-like” thing. Oh, that we should be more and more like Christ. Oh, that we would give, and give, and give. Remember Christ’s words, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Let’s know the truth of these words for ourselves.


Father, You love a cheerful giver. May I be a cheerful giver each and every day. May I seek to give of myself and whatever You so desire. May I know in my own heart the truth that “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” I want to be “Christ-like.” I want to think of You and not just “me.” In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment