Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Psalm 146:1-2 Praise the Lord!

“Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.”

Psalm 146:1-2



We are to praise our Lord! God delights in our soul’s willingness to praise Him. We can do this with the words of our mouths. We can speak our praises and we can sing our praises to Him. Our praises are pleasant and beautiful to His ears. Psalm 147:1 says “Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God. For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.” We should praise and bless Him with our whole soul and absolute being. Psalm 103:1 “Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!” It is we ourselves giving God what He so richly deserves from us, our heartfelt praise and adoration. While we live and have breath we should praise Him. It is a perpetual attitude that should be ingrained in us and always pouring out of us to Him. He deserves our admiration. We should commend and extol Him. We should offer grateful respect and reverence to Him. He is God! And He has given us so much, more than we ever deserve. Make it a perpetual habit to praise Him. He will be blessed by it … and so will you!


Father, You are so worthy to be praised. While we live and have breath may we never stop praising You. You deserve our praises and we want the attitude of our hearts to continually be praising You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment