Monday, February 16, 2015

Psalm 139:16 - Don't take matters into your own hands ... trust in the Lord!

“Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed, and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.”

Psalm 139:16



When you start taking matters into your own hands, it should be clear to us that we are not trusting the Lord. God knows what is going to happen. And He will help you as you put your faith in Him through difficult times. You will even grow spiritually and in the faith as you cling to Him. This can only happen IF you cling to Him. He can use any bad thing that has happened and turn it around for your good. Romans 8:28 says “And we know that ALL things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Remember the story of Joseph that is in the Bible? His brothers hated him and they sold him into slavery. Many years later what was intended for Joseph’s bad turned out to be good. It was good not only for Joseph, but Joseph’s father, the brothers themselves, and for all the Israelites. If you are going through a hard time today, do your absolute best to trust in the Lord. Keep your faith ignited. Be sure to keep your eyes on the Lord and watch Him as He keeps His promises and uses your situation (or situations) for His plans and His purpose in your life and the life of others.


Lord, sometimes it is hard to be thankful for the trials that come our way.  May I grow from what I am going through. Although we may feel the pain from these trials, we can thank and praise You for Your Word says that You are going to use ALL things for our good and Your purposes. Let me cling to You and put my trust in You. Help my faith to be strong and secure. May I have hope as You are my hope. And please, Father, give me Your supernatural peace. Guard my heart and my mind as I trust in You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment