Monday, November 17, 2014

Matthew 10:26b - God can help us find missing items

“For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.”

Matthew 10:26b



I came across this scripture last week and I got to cling to the verse and stand on it as I couldn’t find a missing item. I had felt led to go up to Cookies on Demand in Montpelier and send the girls some of their favorite cookies. They are in college and I have their address written in my address book. We always keep the address book in a certain spot in David’s grandmother’s secretary. When I went to go to town I went to the secretary to retrieve the address book. It wasn’t there. I looked and looked in the secretary. It wasn’t there. I began to look elsewhere. I couldn’t find it anywhere. I looked again in the secretary. I still couldn’t find it. Finally I decided to pray. I said “Father, Your Word says that there is nothing covered that will not be revealed. There is nothing hidden that will not be known. Please help me find the address book. May the Holy Spirit impress upon my heart in where it is.” It wasn’t long and the Holy Spirit impressed on my heart to go to the hall tree and look in a plastic bag. There it was! I know God was watching over His Word and bringing this to light. I find it neat that he cares about even the mundane things. He is so good!


Father, we thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit. We thank You that the Holy Spirit impresses things on our heart. We thank You that You hold all of life’s answers in Your Word. Even lost items can be made known to us. You are a good and awesome God. We love You! In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment