Thursday, September 3, 2015

Matthew 11:29 - Lighten your load if need be

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Matthew 11:29



The only load we should be carrying is the load God has called us to bear. Less can be more. It can be what is spiritually best for us. Be sure that what you are doing is what He has called you to do. It is okay to say no to the world and other people's demands for us. It is okay to lighten your load if you are doing too much. God cares about you and He wants your soul to be at rest. He wants your heart to be at peace. He wants your mind to be sound. To be an effective witness for Jesus your soul needs to be at rest to experience His joy in your life so that you can pass that joy on to others. All of us need to be only carrying His yoke to be at our best. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me." Remember that Jesus is gentle. Remember that He is lowly in heart. God is never going to ask too much of you. Examine your life today. If your soul is at a stage of unrest, ask Him to show you what He desires for you to do. Then do just that. He is faithful. He will show you. Why? Because you are His friend. John 15:14 says "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." Carry His yoke and His alone. You will bear fruit for the kingdom and be blessed doing so.


Father, May we take Your yoke upon us and learn from You. We want our souls to be at rest. We want our hearts to be at peace. We want our minds to be sound. We don't want to be stressed out, overworked and overloaded. Give us the joy of walking with You and doing only what You will us to do in our lives. We want to be able to bear fruit for Your kingdom, and we want to be blessed for doing so. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment